DavkaWriter 7 is the premiere Hebrew/English word processor for Windows. It can handle everything from short documents and memos to full-length books and articles. DavkaWriter 7 contains a wealth of powerful tools that make it easy to create complex Hebrew/English documents, complete with text boxes, footnotes, multiple columns, drop caps, and graphics.
DavkaWriter 7 is built for Hebrew from the ground up. It handles nikud and trop precisely, and features an on-screen visual Hebrew keyboard, which makes text entry easy for those unfamiliar with the Hebrew keyboard layout. DavkaWriter 7 integrates the vowelized text of the Tanach, Rashi on Chumash, the Mishnah, and the Siddur for easy and convenient access. It even includes a separate library of the weekly Torah and Haftarah readings for easy access.
DavkaWriter 7 is simple to use, yet exceptionally powerful. You won't find better value in a Hebrew word processor anywhere!
DavkaWriter 7 includes an extensive list of features!
- Hebrew/English auto spell checker
- Hebrew/English individual word translator
- Fifty-five Hebrew fonts, all with nikud and trop
- Support for shva-na, kamatz katan, and chataf-kamatz
- Search and replace for nikud and trop
- Individual coloring of nikud and trop characters
- Fonts drop-down list lists Hebrew and English separately and conveniently
- Look up Tanach and Mishnah by book, chapter, and verse
- Hebrew/English footnote and page numbering
- Hebrew/English sorting
- Hebrew/English dates, using Jewish or secular calendar
- PowerStyles that specify font, size and style for Hebrew & English separately, so you can pair up different fonts
- Hebrew/English mail merge fields
- Hebrew/English chapter titles
- Importing of Dagesh, Nota Bene, and WordPerfect 5.1 Hebrew files
- Exports Hebrew text with nikud and trop to non-Hebrew-enabled software
- Export documents to text, RTF, and PDF file format
Designed with the home user in mind!
- Easy to learn and use
- Automatic bulleting, numbering and outlining
- Mail merge -- create form letters easily and efficiently
- Label and envelope printing, with hundreds of Avery® templates
- FlexiText -- stretch and twist text with dozens of creative effects
- Draggable document tabs for efficient on-screen organization
- Customizable application look
- Zoom slider adjusts page zoom instantly
- Screen Shot captures any part of the screen and saves as a graphic
- Two separate lists of recently-used fonts, one for Hebrew and one for English
Professional features for creating sophisticated documents
- Draw Layer - Place graphical elements anywhere, with a variety of text-wrapping options
- Use text boxes to place text anywhere and flow it from box to box
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, toolbars and menus
- Drop caps -- by the letter or by the word
- PowerStyles -- Control font, style, and paragraph automatically
- Select by Style -- Change only the text that's in a specific font, size and style
- Customizable Print Preview showing multiple pages side-by-side, and edit while you preview
- Powerful macro editor automates complex and repetitive tasks
- Create single and multi-level Table of Contents
- Insert automatically updating chapter files into header or footer
- Automatically duplicate and link multiple text boxes
- Multiple object selection
- Full-screen mode for viewing your document without clutter
- Nudge currently selected object, or objects, via arrow keys
- Work with two pages, side by side, without entering page preview mode
Free Bonuses -- fully integrated into DavkaWriter 7
- 380 clip art images from the DavkaGraphics Collection
- Tanach with nikud and trop
- Mishnayot with nikud
- Full text of Ashkenaz Siddur and Sefard Siddur, with nikud
- Rashi on Chumash with nikud
- Torah and Haftarah readings
PC with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Windows 11
Want to try before you buy? Click here for a demo version.
Click here for the latest updater.