64-Bit Version — Compatible with MacOS Catalina and Big Sur!
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac is a specially modified version of our renowned Hebrew-English word processor that brings a rich set of Hebrew word processing features -- including perfect nikud and trop placement, Hebrew-English spell checker, on-screen Hebrew/English keyboard, and built-in Jewish text library -- to your Macintosh. We've partnered with CodeWeavers, makers of the popular CrossOver Mac product, to create this special Mac-friendly version.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac has most of the look and feel of a Mac program, and it uses familiar Mac keyboard commands -- Command-P to print, Command-S to save, etc. While there are elements of the program that resemble its Windows origins, the program is easy to learn and use.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac features:
- Mac pull-down menus
- Mac installer that installs DavkaWriter Mac to Applications folder
- Files are saved in DavkaWriter folder in your Mac's Documents folder
- Uses Mac print drivers for standard printing and PDF export
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac includes most of the features that come with the regular DavkaWriter 7 for Windows, with the exception of thematic borders.
If you have DavkaWriter documents that you created on your Windows PC, they will open seamlessly in DavkaWriter 7 for Mac and go back to Windows just as easily. And if you're new to DavkaWriter, you'll enjoy the ease of use, convenient switching between Hebrew and English, and built-in text libraries including Tanach, Mishnah, Siddur, and Parashat HaShavua that have made DavkaWriter famous worldwide.
Built for Hebrew from the Ground Up!
- Switch languages with a click
- On-screen Hebrew keyboard
- Nikud and trop align perfectly
- Hebrew-English spell checker and individual word translator
- Wide variety of Hebrew fonts, all with nikud and trop
- Support for shva-na, kamatz katan, and chataf-kamatz
- Search and replace for nikud and trop
- Individual coloring of nikud and trop characters
- Look up Tanach and Mishnah by book, chapter, and verse
- Hebrew/English footnote and page numbering
- Hebrew/English sorting
- Hebrew/English dates, using Jewish or secular calendar
- Built-in Text Library and clip art included!
DavkaWriter 7 includes vowelized Hebrew texts, integrated into the program for instant access:
- Weekly Torah readings & Haftarot
- Rashi on Chumash
- Also includes 350 photos and Judaic clip art images
Flexible and Powerful!
- Open and edit DavkaWriter files on your Mac that were created with DavkaWriter for Windows
- Create files with DavkaWriter for Mac that can be opened on DavkaWriter for Windows
- Draggable document tabs for efficient on-screen organization
- Multiple object selection
- Zoom Slider adjusts page zoom instantly
- Drawing layer -- place all graphical elements anywhere, with a variety of text-wrapping options
- Use text boxes to place text and flow it from box to box
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, toolbars and menus
- Place footnotes into their own set of columns, independent of the main text columns
- Drop caps -- by the letter or by the word
- PowerStyles -- control font, style, and paragraph automatically
- Select by Style -- change only the text that's in a specific font, size and style
Mac with 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.8 or higher. Compatible with Mac OS Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion.
NOTE: DavkaWriter Add-ons (DavkaWriter Dimensions, Master Teacher, Hebrew Font Gallery Deluxe, and Signature Hebrew Font Collection) are not yet compatible with this new version.
NOTE: If you are a current owner of DavkaWriter for Mac and would like to upgrade, please contact us to determine your upgrade eligibility.