IMPORTANT: DavkaWriter for Mac is not yet compatible with Apple's latest OS release, MacOS Catalina. If you have upgraded to Catalina, DavkaWriter for Mac will not work on your Mac. We hope to have a compatible version soon.
NOTE: This item is only available to owners of DavkaWriter for Mac.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac is a specially modified version of our renowned Hebrew-English word processor that brings a rich set of Hebrew word processing features -- including perfect nikud and trop placement, Hebrew-English spell checker, on-screen Hebrew/English keyboard, and built-in Jewish text library -- to your Macintosh. We've partnered with CodeWeavers, makers of the popular CrossOver Mac product, to create this special Mac-friendly version.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac has most of the look and feel of a Mac program, and it uses familiar Mac keyboard commands -- Command-P to print, Command-S to save, etc. While there are elements of the program that resemble its Windows origins, the program is easy to learn and use.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac features:
- Mac pull-down menus
- Mac installer that installs DavkaWriter Mac to Applications folder
- Files are saved in DavkaWriter folder in your Mac's Documents folder
- Uses Mac print drivers for standard printing and PDF export
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac includes most of the features that come with the regular DavkaWriter 7 for Windows, with the exception of FlexiText and thematic borders.
If you have DavkaWriter documents that you created on your Windows PC, they will open seamlessly in DavkaWriter 7 for Mac and go back to Windows just as easily. And if you're new to DavkaWriter, you'll enjoy the ease of use, convenient switching between Hebrew and English, and built-in text libraries including Tanach, Mishnah, Siddur, and Parashat HaShavua that have made DavkaWriter famous worldwide.
Built for Hebrew from the Ground Up!
- Switch languages with a click
- On-screen Hebrew keyboard
- Nikud and trop align perfectly
- Hebrew-English spell checker and individual word translator
- Wide variety of Hebrew fonts, all with nikud and trop
- Support for shva-na, kamatz katan, and chataf-kamatz
- Search and replace for nikud and trop
- Individual coloring of nikud and trop characters
- Look up Tanach and Mishnah by book, chapter, and verse
- Hebrew/English footnote and page numbering
- Hebrew/English sorting
- Hebrew/English dates, using Jewish or secular calendar
- Built-in Text Library and clip art included!
DavkaWriter 7 includes vowelized Hebrew texts, integrated into the program for instant access:
- Weekly Torah readings & Haftarot
- Rashi on Chumash
- Also includes 350 photos and Judaic clip art images
Flexible and Powerful!
- Open and edit DavkaWriter files on your Mac that were created with DavkaWriter for Windows
- Create files with DavkaWriter for Mac that can be opened on DavkaWriter for Windows
- Draggable document tabs for efficient on-screen organization
- Multiple object selection
- Zoom Slider adjusts page zoom instantly
- Drawing layer -- place all graphical elements anywhere, with a variety of text-wrapping options
- Use text boxes to place text and flow it from box to box
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, toolbars and menus
- Place footnotes into their own set of columns, independent of the main text columns
- Drop caps -- by the letter or by the word
- PowerStyles -- control font, style, and paragraph automatically
- Select by Style -- change only the text that's in a specific font, size and style
Mac with 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.8 or higher. Compatible with Mac OS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion.